Get Localization Engineering Support on Contract
Localization Engineer Services constitute an important service as they ensure the technical, grammatical, contextual, and cultural relevance and accuracy of the text translated. Filose, one of the leading linguistic solution provider in the world helps business owners with the best and the most comprehensive localization engineer services, thereby helping them ensure accuracy on the language translation front of the project. Here’s more on how Filose helps companies with the best localization engineer services.
Role of a Localization Engineer is very important in Localization process. The nature of localization work may vary and it can be Software, Mobile Apps, Website, Web portals, Web Applications, E-Learning Courses, Video, Ads, Documents, User Manuals, Books etc. It is skill of Localization Engineer which makes process smooth.
What Localization Engineer do?
- Localization engineers expedite the entire localization process.
- Localization engineers acts as a transit between engineering, product, vendors, and translators.
- Parsing contents and making them ready for translation, this includes/dealing with placeholders and tags.
- Processing multiple types of file formats for source input which needs to be translated and conversion coding variables into placeholders.
- Engineer make sure code and contents are ready to handle multiple languages and layouts.
- Localization engineer provides product analysis and localizability assessment report.
Why Filose for Localization Project Manager Services
Most of Filose linguistic resources are based in their home countries where they keep in touch with how languages are used. Our native translators and domain experts work to ensure correct meaning conveyed.
For shorter turnaround time on larger volumes, it is possible to deploy multiple Language Testing translators and perform additional reviews to ensure a good quality deliverable. We offer quick, reliable and quality assured translation service.
Data privacy is one of the major benefits of outsourcing services to us. once the translation part is completed, the output is passed through several QC stages within the shortest possible time frame.
What are functions of Localization Project Coordinator?
- Pre-engineering – Developed scripts to extract translatable contents for translation from any file formats and based upon requirements use CAT tools.
- Post-engineering of files prepared with CAT tools (including Across, Trados, SDLX, MemoQ, Across, Transit, Wordfast) – Developed script to merge back into translatable contents if extracted from script or use CAT tools.
Software Localization Engineering:
- Source-based Localization
- Binary Localization
- Content Management system – Developed scripts to extract contents from CMS system into spreadsheets for translation process. For Example., WordPress
- Offline file formats processing – Developed script to extract information from file formats into spreadsheet for translation process and do the merge-back once translated contents received.
What Translation Memory Management a Localization Project Manager do?
- Terminology Creation
- Translation Memory
- TM creation from bi-lingual file formats (MS-Office, XML) – Inhouse tool to extract source and target contents from any bi-lingual file into TMX or database for corpus creation.
- TM Cleanup for better leveraging – Developed script to do cleanup process on TMX files using regex to get better leveraging.
- Multilingual TM creation – Developed script to generate multilingual TMX files from input file formats.
- TM updates – Developed script to insert updated source and target contents into existing database to re-generate updated TMX files.
What Process Automation a Localization Engineer will do to increase efficiency and reduce time?
- Process automation approaches that apply to localization engineering
- Optimization of localization processes through batch processing, automation of engineering tasks
What Quality Assurance a Localization Engineer do?
- Localization Testing
- Functionality testing of the localized software or website
- Quality Assurance
- Creation of Xbench checklist – project specific and generic
- Transcheck on translated intermediate CAT tool files.
- Check the character set for each language and fix corrupted / incorrect characters
- Graphic’s Content localization – Developed script to run OCR using AI supported modules into spreadsheet for translation.
- Localized online help systems – Translation & Creation – Developed script to generate the HHP help system and XHTML files for compile and decompile process after translation is done.
- XML technology expertise for engineering process includes:
- XML to various other formats conversion like HTML, HTM, CHM, PDF, MS-Office, InDesign, Frame maker and QuarkXPress
- XSLT development for transformation – Saxon XSLT development for various conversions like XML to HTML, XHTML or DITA XML
- Creation of DITA files using any XML file – Developed script for XML to DITA XML conversions.
- Localization Engineer expertise in handling CAT tools
- Across, SDLX, SDL Trados Synergy, SDL Trados Studio, Helium, MemoQ, Memsource, Wordfast
- Idiom world server automation, SDL world server.
- Alchemy Catalyst, Passolo